Click To Enlarge
Black, Royal Blue, and Yellow on White tag
See item #40031 for additional representative photos and design samples of our embossed aluminum plates.
Custom European License Plates — Embossed Aluminum, Designed Free
Item #42031: 20.5x4.5”, Spot-Color Euro Plates
#42032: 20.5x4.5”, Full-Color Euro Plates
Note: “Spot-color” is
the least expensive volume-printing method, using separate individual
colors rather than the full color spectrum.
Diamond-tread embossing available
- All artwork and lettering embossed. Stamped auto
plates with raised letters and artwork enhance the appearance of your
tags with a vintage souvenir appeal. For better plate rigidity, outer
border of license plate is embossed regardless of whether or not
there is a printed border, which improves dimensional stability/
stiffness. (Note: entire plate can be flat if you prefer.)
- Designed free by our experienced
designers in 3 business days, except when art is complex. That means...
- No fill-in-the-bla nk templates or limited online layout tools. Instead of shoehorning your lettering or logo into predefined slots on a fixed template, or making you grapple with a crude online layout interface, simply tell us what you want, and we will ask questions if needed. Then, our experienced designers will get to work and create your lettering and layout based on what you’ve told us, subject to your feedback and approval. What a difference it makes to deal with human beings who listen to you in this increasingly automated world.
- Long-lasting, high-gloss, rustproof aluminum plates, .024-gauge.
- Screen-printed with 5 to 7-year non-fade inks. Even
compared with newer ink technologies coming on the market, screen-printing
continues to hold its own as the high-durability ink standard by which
others are judged, and at lower cost.
- Choice of 5 full-bleed, no-cost tag-bla nk colors,
including painted/ textured gold or silver,
and natural aluminum (tag-bla nk color
chart). As a special bonus, these prefabricated background colors
count as an ink color for pricing purposes, saving you money. Note: Other
background colors can be printed with ink on white plates, with a 5/32” outer
white margin/ border, required for tag gripper edge.
- Select from 50 standard ink colors for spot-color license plates (ink
- Custom/PMS ink color match at no extra charge (spot-color plates only).
Match will be close but may not be perfect since screen-printing inks are manufactured
for greatest outdoor durability, and use different pigments
than standard commercial Pantone inks.
- No setup fees.
More details about
our screen-printed auto tags.
- Standard production time is 4–6 weeks once
you’ve reviewed and approved your plate artwork.
time and cost are extra. See footer area of price chart for shipping weight, shipping point zip code, and carrier used when estimating shipping cost. Or we can figure the cost if you need an exact quote.
- Full-bleed printing available. Call for custom quote.
- Holes are not standard but can be punched. For extra amount, see note at bottom of price chart at right.
- Individual shrink-wrapping for small additional cost, noted at bottom of price chart.
- Rush turnaround available if room in our production
schedule: 25% extra cost on quantities from 100 to 499 embossed
tags, and 20% extra for 500 plates and up. Rush orders must be paid
by credit or debit card.
How to count the number
of spot ink colors
Does white or black count toward
the number of ink colors? Black counts as an ink color on
white plates but not on black plates, since on black plates, the color
of the plate surface itself is used for black areas instead of ink.
With white as a color, the situation is just the reverse: White counts
as an ink color on black plates but not on white plates.
Background colors other than white or black: If listed
in the background color swatch chart, the background color doesn’t
count as an ink color since it comes as a pre-fabricated baked enamel
coating on the plate bla
Other background colors are achieved by printing a flood of colored
ink on white tag stock, with a 5/32” outer
white border (required for tag gripper edge). In these cases, the background
color counts as an ink color, but do not count lettering
or artwork that’s “reversed out” of the background
color. (“Reversed out” means areas where the plate surface
is unprinted so the plate substrate color forms the letter shapes or
Full-color license plates option
- Also known as “four-color process” or “CMYK” printing, license plates produced this way use the full color spectrum. (CMYK stands for the four primary colors of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black used in four-color process reproduction.)
- With non-white and metallic-finish bla nks, a white base coat must be laid down underneath areas printed with four-color process. See bullet point in bottom area of price chart for extra amount.
- Exact color cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of process-color printing.
Questions about our
Feel free to call us with
your questions about our custom embossed license plates at 8 00-33 0-82 47, Mon.–Fri.,
8:30–5:30 Central Standard Time. Or email us at
. (Note our 100-tag minimum
order for these plates.)
$50 order discount
for print-ready art supplied in Adobe Illustrator (.ai or
.eps) format using our tag template, and
that follows our artwork requirements.
Same discount for reorders that reuse identical plate artwork. No time limit, art kept permanently.
Spot-color vs. full-color pricing: Pricing is shown for up to 3 spot colors, beyond which full-color printing is often required — see far-right chart column. We can print additional spot colors, however, as needed. To save you money, we can convert full-color artwork to spot-color if the style of art would lend itself to that.
per .024-ga. 20.5x4.5” embossed plate
|Minimum Order Qty: 100
OF SPOT INK COLORS
- Add $0.05 for each hole.
- Price includes individual shrink-wrapping.
- Inquire for spot-color pricing beyond 3 ink colors. Or, extrapolating from the chart should get you within a penny or two per plate.
- With plate bla nk colors other than white, a white undercoat may be required beneath bright Pantone colors to successfully print the correct hue, which adds the cost of one spot color to the price.
- Full-color on non-white or metallic-finish bla nks always requires a white base coat to be laid down first underneath printed areas. Added cost for the most common quantities is: $0.65/ea. for 100 tags, $0.50 (250), $0.41 (500), $0.35 (1,000), $0.30 (2,500), $0.28 (5,000), $0.27 (10,000).
- Colored backgrounds beyond those listed in the tag-bla nk color chart are printed with ink on white plates, which counts as an additional ink color.
- Shipping cost is extra. Shipping weight is 21 lbs. per 100 plates. Ships from zip code 30084 via UPS Ground.