Click To Enlarge
Blue and Yellow ink on White oval tag
Black and White ink on Red capsule tag
Teal Green and Gray ink on Black oval tag
Black ink on Natural Aluminum capsule tag
Black and Burnt Orange ink on White oval tag
Oval License Plates, Embossed Aluminum, Custom-Designed Free
Item #40035: 12x7” Oval, Spot-Color
Item #40036: 12x7” Oval, Full-Color
#40037: 12x6” Capsule-Shaped, Spot-Color
#40038: 12x6” Capsule-Shaped, Full-Color
Note: “Spot-color” is
the least expensive printing method, using separate individual colors
rather than the full color spectrum.
Diamond-tread embossing available
- All artwork and lettering embossed. Stamped auto
plates with raised letters and artwork enhance the appearance of your
tags with a vintage souvenir appeal. For better plate rigidity, outer
border of license plate is embossed regardless of whether or not
there is a printed border, which improves dimensional stability/
stiffness. (Note: if you prefer, entire plate can be flat rather than embossed.)
- Designed free by our experienced
designers in 3 business days, except when art is complex. More specifically...
- No canned layouts or crude online design interface as you often find where license plates are sold. Instead of selecting from a few ho-hum, fill-in-the-bla nk templates, or being stuck designing your own plate with the limited tools typically offered, our professional designers will tailor a plate for you. They can create a design by starting from your own idea, or even no idea, from one of the layouts shown here if you like, or anything in between, as you see fit.
- Long-lasting, high-gloss, rustproof aluminum plates, .024-gauge.
- Screen-printed with 5 to 7-year non-fade inks. Even
with newer ink technologies coming on the market, screen-printing
remains the high-durability “gold standard” by which
other inks are judged, and at lower cost.
- Multiple tag-bla nk colors available at no extra cost. Refer to the
tag-bla nk color
charts for oval plates (4 tag-bla nk colors available), or for capsule plates (11 tag-bla nk colors). As a special bonus, these prefabricated background
count as an ink color for pricing purposes, saving you money.
- For oval license plates,
full-bleed printing is available. This means
other background colors can be printed with ink on white tag bla nks, all the way to the tag edge. With this option, you can expand the range of background colors available
beyond the standard tag bla nk colors, for the cost of one additional ink color.
- For capsule plates, full-bleed
printing isn’t possible. However, the approach of printing
background colors with ink on white plates can be used, subject to
a required 1/4” outer white margin/ border.
- Full-bleed printing for oval plates at no additional charge.
- Select from 50 standard ink colors (ink
- Custom/PMS ink color match at no extra charge.
Match may not be exact since screen-printing inks are manufactured
for greatest outdoor durability, and use different pigments
than standard commercial Pantone inks.
- 4 mounting holes included.
- No setup fees.
More details about
our screen-printed auto tags.
- Standard production time is 4–6 weeks once
you’ve reviewed and approved your plate artwork.
time and cost are extra. See footer area of price chart for shipping weight, shipping point zip code, and carrier used when estimating shipping cost. Or we can figure the cost if you need an exact quote.
- Full-bleed printing for capsule-shaped plates. Call for custom quote.
- Individual shrink-wrapping for small additional cost, noted at bottom of price chart.
- Rush turnaround available if room in our production
schedule: 25% extra cost on quantities from 100 to 499 embossed
tags, and 20% extra for 500 plates and up. Rush orders must be paid
by credit or debit card.
How to count the number
of ink colors
Does white or black count toward
the number of ink colors? Black counts as an ink color on
white plates but not on black plates, since on black plates, the color
of the plate surface itself is used for black areas instead of ink.
With white as a color, the situation is just the reverse: White counts
as an ink color on black plates but not on white plates.
Background colors other than white or black: If listed
in the background color
swatch chart (see oval plate tag-bla nk colors, or capsule-shaped),
the background color doesn’t
count as an ink color since it comes as a pre-fabricated baked enamel
coating on the plate bla
Other background colors are achieved by printing a flood of colored
ink on white tag stock. In these cases, the background color
counts as an ink color, but do not count
lettering or artwork that’s “reversed out” of the
background color. (“Reversed out” means areas where the
plate surface is unprinted so the plate substrate color forms the letter
shapes or artwork.)
Full-color license plates option
- Also known as “four-color process” or “CMYK” printing, license plates produced this way use the full color spectrum. (CMYK stands for the four primary colors of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black used in four-color process reproduction.)
- With non-white and metallic-finish bla nks, a white base coat must be laid down underneath areas printed with four-color process. See bullet point in bottom area of price chart for extra amount.
- Exact color cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of process-color printing.
Questions about our embossed
oval and capsule-shaped car tags?
Feel free to call us with
your questions about our custom stamped license plates at 8 00-33 0-82 47, Mon.–Fri.,
8:30–5:30 Central Standard Time. Or email us at
. (Note our 100-tag minimum
order for these plates.)
$50 order discount
for print-ready art supplied in Adobe Illustrator (.ai or
.eps) format using our tag template, and
that follows our artwork requirements.
Same discount for reorders that reuse identical plate artwork. No time limit, art kept permanently.
Spot-color vs. full-color pricing: Pricing is shown for up to 3 spot colors, beyond which full-color printing is often required — see far-right chart column. We can print additional spot colors, however, as needed. To save you money, we can convert full-color artwork to spot-color if the style of art would lend itself to that.
#40035 / #40037 PRICING
per .024-ga. embossed aluminum plate
Same pricing for both items
|Minimum Order Qty: 100
OF SPOT INK COLORS
OR FULL COLOR
||same as above
- Individual shrink-wrapping $0.08 each.
- Inquire for spot-color pricing beyond 3 ink colors. Or, extrapolating from the chart should get you within a penny or two per plate.
- With plate bla nk colors other than white, a white undercoat may be required beneath bright Pantone colors to successfully print the correct hue, which adds the cost of one spot color to the price.
- Full-color on non-white or metallic-finish bla nks always requires a white base coat to be laid down first underneath printed areas. Added cost for the most common quantities is: $0.45/ea. for 100 tags, $0.36 (250), $0.28 (500), $0.23 (1,000), $0.22 (2,500), $0.21 (5,000), $0.21 (10,000).
- Colored backgrounds beyond those listed in the tag-bla nk color charts (for oval tags, or for capsule-shaped) are printed with ink on white plates (example), which counts as an additional ink color.
- Shipping cost is extra. Shipping weight is 17 lbs. per 100 plates (for both oval and capsule-shaped). Ships from zip code 30084 via UPS Ground.