Custom Embossed License Plates — Silver or Gold, Designed Free
Item #40033: 12x6”, Spot-Color
#40034: 12x6”, Full-Color
Note: “Spot-color” is
the least expensive printing method, using separate individual colors
rather than the full color spectrum.
Diamond-plate embossing available
gold or silver stamped aluminum license plates, see our regular embossed
tags, item #40031. We also
sell oval and capsule-shaped embossed
license plates: see items #40035/#40037.
- High-sheen gold or silver-finish aluminum. Chrome-like
surface for the ultimate look of class, but competitively priced.
- All artwork and lettering embossed. Stamped auto
plates with raised letters and artwork enhance the appearance of your
tags with vintage appeal. Outer border of license plate
is embossed regardless of whether or not there is a printed border,
to improve rigidity/ dimensional stability. (Note: if you prefer, entire plate can be flat instead of embossed.)
- Designed free by our experienced
designers in 3 business days, except when art is complex. In other words...
- No canned designs or crude online layout interface that forces you to design your own license plates even when you can’t or don’t want to. Instead, sit back and our tag designers will tailor a layout for your organization, start from any idea you provide, or simply recreate your previous tag design exactly as is. (Even if you’ve lost your logo artwork and only have a picture.)
- Long-lasting, rustproof aluminum plates, .024-gauge.
- Screen-printed with 5 to 7-year non-fade inks. Traditional
screen-printing has its competitors these days, but only industrial
resin inks have been able to measure up. Make sure you get screen-printed
or industrial-resin plates
if you want them to last.
- Select from 50 standard ink colors (ink
- Custom/PMS ink color match at no additional charge.
Match may not be perfect since screen-printing inks are manufactured
for superior fade-resistance and outdoor durability, and use different
pigments than Pantone inks for commercial offset press.
- Colored backgrounds can be printed with ink, using a 1/4” outer unprinted margin, required for tag gripper edge (example).
- Individual shrink-wrapping of each embossed auto
- 4 mounting holes included.
- No setup fees.
More details about
our screen-printed auto tags.
- Standard production time is 4–6 weeks once
you’ve reviewed and approved your plate artwork.
time and cost are extra. See footer area of price chart for shipping weight, shipping point zip code, and carrier used when estimating shipping cost. Or we can figure the cost if you need an exact quote.
- Full-bleed printing available. Call for custom quote.
- Rush turnaround available if room in our production
schedule: 25% extra cost on quantities from 100 to 499 embossed
tags, and 20% extra for 500 plates and up. Rush orders must be paid
by credit or debit card.
Full-color license plates option
- Also known as “four-color process” or “CMYK” printing, license plates produced this way use the full color spectrum. (CMYK stands for the four primary colors of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black used in four-color process reproduction.)
- With gold and silver metallic-finish bla nks, a white base coat must be laid down underneath areas printed with four-color process. See bullet point in bottom area of price chart for extra amount.
- Exact color cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of process-color printing.
Questions about our gold and
silver embossed car tags?
Feel free to call us with
your questions about our custom stamped license plates at 8 00-33 0-82 47, Mon.–Fri.,
8:30–5:30 Central Standard Time. Or email us at
. (Note our 100-tag minimum
order for these plates.)
$50 order discount
for print-ready art supplied in Adobe Illustrator (.ai or
.eps) format using our tag template, and
that follows our artwork requirements.
Same discount for reorders that reuse identical plate artwork. No time limit, art kept permanently.
Spot-color vs. full-color pricing: Pricing is shown for up to 3 spot colors, beyond which full-color printing is often required — see far-right chart column. We can print additional spot colors, however, as needed. To save you money, we can convert full-color artwork to spot-color if the style of art would lend itself to that.
per .024-ga. 12x6” embossed plate
|Minimum Order Qty: 100
OF SPOT INK COLORS
- Price includes individual shrink-wrapping.
- Inquire for spot-color pricing beyond 3 ink colors. Or, extrapolating from the chart should get you within a penny or two per plate.
- With gold and silver plate bla nks, a white undercoat may be required beneath bright Pantone colors to successfully print the correct hue, which adds the cost of one spot color to the price.
- Full-color on gold or silver metallic-finish bla nks always requires a white base coat to be laid down first underneath printed areas. Added cost for the most common quantities is: $0.45/ea. for 100 tags, $0.36 (250), $0.28 (500), $0.22 (1,000), $0.22 (2,500), $0.21 (5,000), $0.21 (10,000).
- Shipping cost is extra. Shipping weight is 19 lbs. per 100 plates. Ships from zip code 30084 via UPS Ground.